February by the numbers: A look at crypto exchange volumes, open interest, and miner revenue
March 3, 2021, 9:22AM EST · 6 min read
- Despite February being the shortest month of the year, several metrics recorded new records.
- Total adjusted on-chain volume saw a moderate increase of 11.6% to a new all-time high of $590 billion.
- Adjusted on-chain volume of stablecoins increased by 24.9%, to a new all-time high of $381.9 billion.
- For the first time since July 2017, Ethereum miners revenue is on par with Bitcoin miners revenue at $1.36 billion.
- Centralized exchange spot trading volumes increased by 25.7%, to a new all-time high of $1.153 trillion.
LMAX Digital is the industry leading institutional crypto exchange and full custodian solution. We deliver the optimal combination of deep institutional liquidity and proven, trusted LMAX Group FX trading technology.
The LMAX Digital central limit order book model ensures complete price transparency and efficient market structure, while our technology offers banks and financial institutions robust, familiar trading infrastructure that enables precise, consistent execution.
- LMAX Digital current ADV $2bn – ATH $4.4bn (23 February 2021)
- Central limit order book – streaming institutional limit order liquidity
- Spot BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH; all paired against USD, EUR & JPY
- Connectivity: cross connect at Equinix LD4 or over the internet
- Access: LMAX FIX 4.2/4.4, API, ITCH, web GUI & mobile
- Ultra-low latency (<180μs), precise, consistent execution
- High throughput >100,000 messages/second
- Full custodian solution: offline multi-sig. cold wallets & vault storage
- Regulated, transparent, secure trading environment with 100% uptime
LMAX Digital: secure, liquid, trusted, trading & custodial services.