April by the numbers: A look at crypto exchange volumes, open interest, and miner revenue
May 3, 2021, 5:17AM EDT · 6 min read
- Several metrics recorded record numbers in April.
- Total adjusted on-chain volume increased by 37.3% to a new all-time high of $792.5 billion.
- Stablecoin supply grew by 30.9% to a new all-time high of $80.5 billion.
- Centralized exchange spot trading volumes increased by 49% to a new all-time high of $1.58 trillion.
- Besides Binance, FTX was one of the only major exchanges to increase its spot market share.
This report is for Research Members
Join The Block Research for exclusive research like this
Gain access to this research piece and 100s of others, including ecosystem maps, company profiles, and topics spanning DeFi, CBDCs, banking and markets. Together with additional services, we help organizations understand what’s happening in the rapidly developing digital asset ecosystem.Learn More Already a Research Member? Sign In