- Amidst a continual drip of corporate blockchain newsflow, I keep coming back to the question of whether these touted initiatives will ever actually be accretive for shareholders, given the time and cost of initial investment
- I came across an academic paper which explored whether stock market investors actually value firms investing in blockchain technology (via share appreciation), or if they simply view these stocks as a convenient way to speculate on Bitcoin, blockchain, and other cryptocurrency hoopla
- The paper found that an initial reaction to the news of investment into blockchain generated almost a 15% BHAR (buy-and-hold abnormal stock return) vs. a benchmark through the event day (1 day prior to 1 day after)
- The study also found that when firms specifically mention the term “blockchain” in their financial statements, by the end of the initial investment announcement quarter and/or year, they saw an initial reaction 29% higher than other blockchain investing firms, with virtually no sign of reversal in the following three months
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].