- Telegram doesn’t have a business model because it believes “in fast and secure messaging that is also 100% free”
- The company sold SAFTs in a Reg D token offering to accredited investors raising a total of $1.7 billion from fewer than 200 private investors
- Telegram said that it would refund investors’ money if its blockchain didn’t launch by October 2019
- Pre-ordering tokens in an unofficial sale prior to TON even launching does not sound like a good idea
Telegram was founded in 2013 by the Durov brothers, founders of the Russian Facebook competitor VK, with the premise of protecting users from government mass surveillance.
Even though the company has been criticized for heavy moderation of public channels that break its Terms of Service, the company has very strict policies when it comes to private communication.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].