- Iran, a country of 83 million, is an interesting case study on attitude and adoption of Bitcoin and blockchain technology, having been ravaged by sanctions for decades
- The Iranian government estimates that its citizens have spent $2.5 billion on cryptocurrencies and possibly as much as ten times that. These numbers, however, should be met with skepticism
- In 2018 from Q1 to Q2 with the Iranian rial depreciating and rumors of impending sanctions, demand for gold coins and bars increased by 200%. However during the same period, the bitcoin volume on LocalBitcoins decreased by approximately 77%
- Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin have been used for the purchase of digital goods like VPNs and servers more frequently than for physical goods
When it comes to cryptocurrency and blockchain, chief among the technology’s promise has been an open financial system for all, where all economic activity occurring within its systems is censorship resistant. In theory, if these systems are allowed to fully mature, it will diminish the effectiveness of a geopolitical tool the U.S.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].