- Deposits from digital currency companies declined for the 2nd quarter in a row largely due to a strong pullback in deposit balances from its exchange customers
- Earnings took a hit as a result of a reduction in interest earning assets
- Management concerns persist given past cease-and-desist coupled with the recent departure of the CFO
- Upside potential is tangible due to Silvergate’s strong customer pipeline coupled with positive trends seen from exchanges and crypto funds
Silvergate Bank quietly posted an updated S1 on May 17 in preparation for its upcoming IPO as it makes headway with its digital currency initiative.
Founded in La Jolla, Calif. in 1988, Silvergate began as a traditional commercial bank, but started exploring the idea of serving the digital currency industry in 2013.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].