- Real cryptocurrency traded volume has hit a 13-month high of $101 billion in May
- Last month Binance captured 59% of volume, followed by Coinbase (~12%), Bitfinex (~9%), Kraken (~8%) and Bitstamp (~5%)
- Coinbase’s market share grew from 5% in March to more than 11% in just two months, which could indicate that popular fiat on-ramps gain the most volume in bull markets
- Bitfinex’s volumes have grown the slowest since January (but still by nearly 100%)
Traded volume on cryptocurrency exchanges is perhaps the best indicator of the health of the space.
In March, The Block wrote that the volume in February was the lowest since July 2017. Since then, however, the trend has completely reversed and the volume in May has now hit a 13-month high of $101 billion.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].