- The Block has analyzed the website traffic of the 48 most frequently used cryptocurrency exchanges over the period of 6 months
- About half of the total traffic in the last six months came from just five countries — United States, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, and India
- What’s far more interesting, though, is to look at each country’s traffic relative to its population
- Singapore, South Korea and Switzerland have the highest cryptocurrency interest relative to population
- There is a positive linear relationship between GDP per capita (PPP) and traffic weighted by population, which suggests that poorer countries are not trading cryptocurrencies as much as wealthier countries
Given the pseudo-anonymous nature of cryptocurrencies, it’s nearly impossible to accurately estimate how many people use them and where they are located. However, by looking at the traffic on cryptocurrency exchanges, we can get a directionally accurate representation of which countries are using cryptocurrencies the most.
According to The Block’s findings, Singapore, South Korea, and Switzerland have the highest cryptocurrency interest relative to population.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].