- The Bitcoin Cash network is comprised of two dominant clients, Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin Unlimited, that equate to 98.4 percent of the 1,510 public nodes on the Bitcoin Cash network
- In the past year Bitcoin ABC has had 25 developers commit to the client, however, 52% percent, or 13 of them, are actually Bitcoin Core Developers
- Excluding any Bitcoin Core developers, three developers, Amaury Séchet (Deadalnix), Fabcien, and Jason Cox (Jasonbcox) are responsible for 88 percent of the commits in the past year
- Bitcoin Unlimited has had 24 contributors this past year, but as was the case for ABC, about 33 percent are actually Bitcoin Core developers
As part of knowing the developers, we will be taking a look at Bitcoin Cash and its two most popular repositories, Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin Unlimited.
This is the first cryptocurrency we will be looking at that is a fork of Bitcoin (BTC). In August of 2017, conflict grew over increasing the “block size” of the network.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].