- Rippled had a total of 21 contributors this past year where two-thirds were Ripple employees
- Joseph Loser (JoeLoser) stands out among developers for contributions, as he is the only contributor in the top 10 that is not a employee of Ripple
- Ripple Lab’s engineers have been responsible for 86 percent of the commits, 96 percent of the lines added, and 99.8 percent of the lines deleted
As part of our Knowing the developers series, we are going to to take a look at Rippled, the client responsible for ripple, the third-largest cryptocurrency by market cap.
XRP and its associated company Ripple Labs have not been short of controversy. Ripple Labs has claimed it was gifted approximately 80 percent of the supply of XRP by open-source developers early on, but when this is held up to scrutiny it does not appear to be the case.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].