- Bitcoin Core, the main repository for Bitcoin, has had 624 unique contributors over the years
- Metrics like commits do not properly capture the amount of work put in by developers although close to 70 percent of commits in past year have been made by 10 individuals
- 22 individuals have contributed at least 1 percent to Bitcoin Core’s code base in the past year
- Despite a price decline of over 80 percent from all-time highs in 2017-18, the number of contributors to Bitcoin Core increased by approximately 10 percent
Often when we think of open-source software we think of a landscape with hundreds or even thousands of developers all freely working on a project. While it is true that with open-source anyone can write code and submit proposals, most of it works entirely off a merit-based system. It may not be surprising to some, but many popular public blockchain projects intended to eventually be open for all are being built by only a few people.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].