- For the first time in 2019, Dai is trading above its target peg: the weighted average price currently sits at just over $1.01, although 14.6% of Thursday’s trades were filled between $1.03-$1.08
- While Dai’s price activity is cause for temporary celebration and, to some extent, a sign that both on-chain governance and monetary policy can be used effectively, MKR stakeholders must remain vigilant: short-term reactionary changes to rates will not serve the system well
Participants on this week’s call exuded a palpable sense of relief as, after months of turbulence, Dai finally rallied beyond its target peg. Yet while this achievement warrants some short-term celebration, MakerDAO stakeholders would be remiss to consider their job done: as the crypto markets continue to trend upwards Dai will likely see sustained sell pressure.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].