- Both Grayscale’s bitcoin trust product and CME Group bitcoin futures are driving yearly highs in volume, a sign of increased institutional demand
- CME Group is seeing 250% growth in monthly average contracts sold Y/Y
- While bitcoin futures notional value cracked $1 billion, it still only made up ~2.5% of gold futures notional value that day (an all-time high)
- Given the recent spike in volatility, options platform Deribit is currently pricing a ~50% implied probability of bitcoin price ending the year at or above $10,000, up from 20% at the end of April
Earlier this week our research highlighted institutional flows into the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (only qualified accredited investors can invest directly in GBTC with a minimum investment of $50,000) reaching an all-time high. New data from both the CME Group and bitcoin ETP provider Coinshares (Bitcoin XBTE – Euro) reaffirms outsized demand from institutional/accredited investors for bitcoin financial products.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].