- A bug discovered in the MakerDAO voting contract caused the polling process to be deferred this week, raising the more general question as to the efficacy of regular Stability Fee adjustments
- Price, supply, and lending data all show positive signs of an imminent recovery for Dai, although near-term upside activity in the crypto markets could once again cause Dai to fall back to the $0.95-0.96 range
Turnout for the virtual MakerDAO Governance & Risk roundtable was relatively sparse this week, likely due to competition from the infamous in-real-life New York Blockchain Week. But despite the drop in participation spirits remained high with Dai marching slowly towards its target peg for the second week in a row.
The ‘governance’ portion of the conversation predominantly revolved around the revelation earlier this week of a bug in the voting portal’s smart contracts which, if exploited, would have frozen MKR tokens in perpetuity.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].