- As part of an anti-money laundering operation, the Polish Ministry of Justice seized $350 million belonging to a subsidiary of Crypto Capital and related entities
- Based on information reviewed by The Block, the investigation seems far from over
- Crypto Capital decided to dissolve and liquidate itself in June 2018 and moved its operations to Zug, Switzerland under the name Global Trade Solutions AG
The extent of the fallout after the New York State Attorney General (NYAG) sued Bitfinex is still taking shape, but we do know that $850 million belonging to Bitfinex’s customers is currently missing, or rather, inaccessible. Bitfinex executives have made reassurances that the seized funds would be released within weeks, but a deep dive into information currently known shows that is unlikely to be the case.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].