- The MakerDAO governance poll to increase SF by another 4% to 11.5% was approved yesterday, as 50,844.75MKR was behind the proposal
- In response to the approved proposal, Compound saw both its borrow and supply rates jump in lock-step yesterday. Borrow rates increased to over 14% (up from 11%) and supply rates now sit above 7.25% (up from 3.9%)
- Looking at the historical borrow and supply rates, these kinds of jumps are unprecedented both from a magnitude as well as proactive timing
- Considering this will be the 5th time this year SF have been raised with current supply edging closer to the 100m cap, there are mounting discussions over whether the debt ceiling should be raised, or even lowered
In what has become a trend, participation on weekly MakerDAO Governance & Risk calls continues to set all time highs, with this week registering 83 participants at its peak.
Looking ahead, what will be interesting to monitor is the ability for these calls to scale as more voices enter the fray.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].