- Already this year, 12 exchanges have announced IEO platforms and 39 projects have participated in an IEO
- Three small exchanges have facilitated two-thirds of all IEOs in 2019 so far
- BitTorrent still has the highest return with more than 538%, trailed by TOP Network with 506%
- Out of the 12 projects, only five have actually grown in price since being listed
- The only non-Binance launched projects that have so far sustained significant returns and have large reported liquidity were facilitated by Huobi and Bitmax
So-called Initial Exchange Offerings are booming in popularity — 12 exchanges already announced their IEO platforms and 39 projects have already participated in an IEO this year. And more are coming. But data shows that exchanges are already having a hard time competing against Binance.
It’s now becoming increasingly clear that IEOs, which Binance popularized with Binance Launchpad, are becoming a theme of 2019; just as ICOs became a theme of 2017.