- Already this year, 12 exchanges have announced IEO platforms and 39 projects have participated in an IEO
- Three small exchanges have facilitated two-thirds of all IEOs in 2019 so far
- BitTorrent still has the highest return with more than 538%, trailed by TOP Network with 506%
- Out of the 12 projects, only five have actually grown in price since being listed
- The only non-Binance launched projects that have so far sustained significant returns and have large reported liquidity were facilitated by Huobi and Bitmax
So-called Initial Exchange Offerings are booming in popularity — 12 exchanges already announced their IEO platforms and 39 projects have already participated in an IEO this year. And more are coming. But data shows that exchanges are already having a hard time competing against Binance.
It’s now becoming increasingly clear that IEOs, which Binance popularized with Binance Launchpad, are becoming a theme of 2019; just as ICOs became a theme of 2017.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].