- Dan Robinson, Research Partner at Paradigm, recently shared an informal specification for the Rainbow Network, an extension of payment channels that allows counterparties to exchange synthetic assets and access theoretically infinite leverage
- With total return swaps existing in Rainbow channels, parties benefit from low latency, trivial gas costs when updating state, and privacy
- Permissionless access to tokenized, censorship resistant synthetic assets permits anyone in the world with an Internet connection to gain both long and short exposure to any asset class with a transparent price feed
Ethereum’s programmable properties opens up the Decentralized Finance design space beyond simple value transfer. To date, lending platforms like MakerDAO, Compound, and Dharma, exchanges like Uniswap and 0x relayers, and prediction markets like Augur and Gnosis have provided a taste as to the variety of potential financial applications that can be restructured in a permissionless, non-custodial, globally accessible fashion.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].