- Private investments in some of the largest crypto-mining companies (Bitfury, Bitmain, and Canaan) have underperformed outright ownership of BTC at the time of private funding to today (BTC outperformed Bitfury 5x — +100x and Canaan by ~2x)
- Bitmain private investment rounds have now raised ~$1.5 billion within the past 12 months, but given the failed IPO and executive shakeup, the likelihood of Series B and C investors outperforming BTC on paper during the current bear market (2018/19) has been reduced greatly
In the wake of Bitmain’s IPO lapsing, we took a look at private funding rounds into some of the largest crypto mining companies to measure potential returns vs. outright Bitcoin performance during the same time horizon. Outside of Canaan, which is reportedly still exploring an IPO in either Shanghai or the U.S., all major crypto mining IPO applications have lapsed their filling.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- [ANNUAL MEMBERS] A unique community Slack conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].