- Despite bitcoin plateauing in 2019, exchange tokens are greatly outperforming the market
- Together, they now have a market cap of nearly $3.6 billion; more than 5% of bitcoin’s market cap
- While BNB has seen constant growth since the beginning of 2019, other exchange tokens suddenly exploded in the first week of March
- In terms of market cap and liquidity, BNB is unsurprisingly dominating the other exchange tokens
- The increase in prices of non-BNB doesn’t seem connected to any event but rather appears mostly speculative
Despite the price of bitcoin staying relatively level in 2019, the exchange tokens are greatly outperforming the market, growing 225% on average from the beginning of the year.
Virtually all Asian exchanges have issued their own token which gives holders certain advantages. Exchanges based in the U.S. and Europe have so far avoided the Asian trend; perhaps over concerns regulators would consider the exchange tokens securities.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].