- Coinbase’s volumes are down significantly in the bear market and unless market conditions change, revenues will reflect it
- Even though the company has diversified its revenue stream in fee-based/AUM based products, it will likely not be significant enough to counter the decrease in commissions
- Projected trading commission revenue by The Block is only $545 million in 2019, representing a 55.6% decrease year-over-year
Coinbase is having a tough year with monthly volume being only 6% of what it was a year ago. The revenue, which is still almost exclusively driven by trading commissions, could drop by up-to 56% year-over-year if the market conditions remain the same.
Monthly traded volume on cryptocurrency exchanges is down more than 80% from an all-time high in December 2017, according to The Block’s analysis.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].