- Barclays Internet analyst Ross Sandler forecasts Facebook Coin to generate as much as $19 billion in incremental revenue by 2021; base-case $3 billion
- We walk through his assumptions, discuss competition and broader payment implications if adopted
It’s that time of year, the post-earnings lull where equity analysts take time to digest new company information and either reaffirm their views or offer material changes to their theses. For some looking to make a splash, the occasional brow-raising bold calls trickle out as well.
This week, Barclays’ internet analyst Ross Sandler released a note to clients which walked through his bullish view on Facebook Coin, suggesting the project could unlock as much as $19 billion in incremental revenue by 2021, and a conservative base-case forecast of $3 billion.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people