- Volume on exchanges is a good indicator of the health of the space, but faking volume skews the numbers
- By only tracking the volume of exchanges known to not fake the majority of volume, we get a good proxy for volume of the whole sector
- The volume is now as low as it’s been since July 2017; with no sign of reversing in sight
- Traded volume is a lagging indicator of price; as the price increases, more people start trading and volume increases
Traded volume on cryptocurrency exchanges is perhaps the best indicator of the health of the space. Volume is a great proxy for the interest in cryptocurrencies.
The problem is billions of dollars in volume is faked every day. Several exchanges fake volume to create an illusion of interest in order to lure in more customers.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people