- Starbucks is not a cash investor in Bakkt. Nonetheless, it has secured a sizeable equity cut
- The coffee giant is heavily involved in developing the card and app that will allow it to serve as Bakkt’s first merchant-on-platform
- Only U.S. customers will be able to pay in bitcoin initially
What’s crypto got to do with coffee?
It’s one of the first questions that surfaced last August when Starbucks announced it had partnered with Bakkt – the much-awaited crypto exchange and custodian geared towards institutions. The only explanation they gave at the time was that Starbucks, as the flagship retailer, would “play a pivotal role in developing practical, trusted and regulated applications” for Bakkt’s products in-store.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people