- While theoretically all USD stablecoins are designed to be valued at $1, in reality, they deviate quite often
- The Block has analyzed stablecoins’ stability in terms of two metrics – daily deviation and daily fluctuation
- Despite the company’s opaque nature, Tether deviates the least and fluctuates the second-least amongst its stablecoin competitors
While USD stablecoins use different stability mechanisms (fiat-backed, crypto-backed or algorithmic/seigniorage-based), each is designed to mirror the value of a U.S. dollar. But in reality, they often fluctuate, trading either above or below that figure. In other words, one stablecoin might not be quite as stable as another.
As seen above, there are at least 17 stablecoins that are either already trading or that are anticipated to enter the market this year after raising a significant amount of venture capital.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].