- Institutional interest in CME BTC futues has gradually risen with the number of large open interest holders (entity with +25 BTC contracts) above 40 since November
- Average daily volume is already up ~13% from 4Q through two months, while open interest (total number of open contracts) is up ~25% since last quarter
- Uptick of Grayscale GBTC off yearly lows in November, and sustained contango of futures price to spot are important signals to monitor going forward
While Bitcoin continues to hover just below $4,000, the underlying macro picture is showing signs of steady, and growing interest from institutional investors starting to work its way through the data.
Yesterday, CME Bitcoin futures set a new record for volume traded in a single day with over 18,300 contracts traded, equivalent to ~91,690 BTC or ~$360 million in notional value (1 BTC contract = 5 BTC).
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].