- Basis, the highly anticipated algorithmic stable coin project, shut down and announced it would return 90% of capital raised to its investors
- It didn’t mention that it was actually contractually obligated to do so
- Both USD and ETH/BTC investors received 90% of returned capital, USD investors at a notional value of 1:1, whereas Ether investors saw as much as an 85% discount to par
- Some of these investors have reached out to The Block under anonymity to share how the marketing of the sale differed from the underlying fine print in the pre-sale SAFT agreement
As originally reported by The Block in mid-December, Basis, the highly anticipated algorithmic stable coin project, decided to shut down and return nearly all capital raised back to its investors.
The firm, which raised $133 million in funding, ran into regulatory headwinds as it attempted to get its algorithmic stablecoin off the ground, returning 90% of the capital back to its investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Ventures and a number of other firms.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].