- Non-fungible tokens are unique crypto tokens that are not interchangeable
- The ERC-721 token standard for non-fungible tokens was introduced by AxiomZen developer Dietery Shirley
The concept of a non-fungible token (NFT) has been ingrained into the minds of developers, investors, and users in the Ethereum community ever since the world discovered the moderately popular CryptoKitties game.¹ Unlike traditional cryptocurrencies and tokens, which typically aim to be fungible, NFTs are specifically created to be unique and thus not interchangeable.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people