- Blockstack was founded by Ryan Shea and Muneeb Ali in 2013
- The project raised ~$60M in funding to create a “New Internet for Decentralized Applications”
- Blockstack leverages a host of unique technological features to bootstrap and grow its network
A historical overview of Blockstack, Onename and Namecoin
Blockstack was founded by Ryan Shea and Muneeb Ali in 2013 while the pair were students at Princeton University. It was there they conceived of a decentralized identity system to replace how certain centralized parts of the Internet work. They called it Onename, a nod to their belief that future users would use a single name (or identity) to access the applications and services built on their system.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people