- Blockstream was founded in 2014 by Adam Back, Matt Corallo, Pieter Wuille, Jonathan Wilkins, Erik Svenson, Jorge Timón, Mark Friedenbach, Matt Corallo, Alex Fowler, Austin Hill, and Gregory Maxwell
- The firm has raised $90M from investors including Khosla Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Reid Hoffman
- Blockstream has nearly 50 publicly disclosed team members
Blockstream is one of the most influential businesses in Bitcoin. The Bitcoin and blockchain technology development firm was founded in 2014 by well-respected cypherpunk, Adam Back, and a host of other prominent Bitcoin developers.
Blockstream has raised $90M in venture capital funding to develop products and services for Bitcoin. These include the Liquid Network sidechain, its cryptocurrency data feed, and its Blockstream Satellite.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people