- Multicoin Capital returned -32.9% in 2018, while Bitcoin and the Hold 10 Index returned -73.6% and -79.2%, respectively
- Multicoin’s relative success was bolstered by short positions in $LTC, $ETC and $XRP
- $EOS was Multicoin’s single largest “big loss” in 2018
- Multicoin sees continued pressure on many cryptocurrencies in 2019 due to selling pressure and 51% attacks
- Multicoin is optimistic in 2019 for the growth of Layer 2 solutions and decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Multicoin: the decentralization of our institutions will pave the way for innovation that will create $100T of value.
The Block can reveal exclusively that Multicoin Capital, the crypto hedge fund founded in 2017 by Kyle Samani and Tushar Jain, held up well in a brutal 2018 crypto market. According to the “Multicoin Capital 2018 Annual Letter,” a document that The Block received, Multicoin’s performance beat the relevant indexes:
The Fund’s inception was October 1, 2017.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people