- As Bitcoin’s issuance subsidy continues to fall, the network’s security will be increasingly reliant upon transaction fee revenue
- Without sufficient security, Bitcoin will be susceptible to attacks from both profit-seeking and non-profit seeking actors
- While there are several viable solutions to Bitcoin’s impending security problems, it remains unlikely that the traditionally conservative community will support any significant changes to the protocol
Bitcoin acolytes often cite the network’s predictable, finite, supply schedule as its most alluring feature. A marked departure from global central banks’ propensity to inflate money supply, the hard-coded 21 million cap ensures that savings held in Bitcoin will retain value over time. This property ostensibly confers ‘sound money’ characteristics, positively positioning Bitcoin as a viable contender for global reserve currency status.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].