- Online sports betting banned
- BIS writes a decent paper
- Davos attendees prefer blockchain to Bitcoin
Online Sports Betting Banned
The US has finally made all forms of online gambling that involve interstate transactions fully illegal, in accordance with the Wire Act of 1961. Specifically, the ruling specifies:
The ruling will not affect online gambling in which the wagers are placed from within a state’s borders, however this suggests casinos will have to have both a physical presence and a secure system in place to ensure that no bets originate from outside of the state.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people