- Blockchain is looking to partner with a stablecoin by the end of the year, although the CEO would not disclose which one
- He said the company wants “to build a better way of giving people financial services” and that “stablecoins give [Blockchain] the power of giving everyone a US dollar checking account.”
Blockchain, the largest cryptocurrency wallet provider, is looking to partner with one stablecoin by the end of 2019, CEO Peter Smith told The Block. The company has its sights on becoming one the biggest names in the crypto market and says it has “an obsession” with pegged cryptocurrencies.
“There’s a big race between stablecoins right now… Everyone is competing very hard to get their stablecoin out there and to have distribution.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people