- A slew of firms — including ErisX, Seed CX, and Cboe — have ether derivatives in the works
- But it doesn’t look like regulators are going to approve such products anytime soon
- That might have to do with changes coming to the ethereum network
A slew of crypto firms have their hearts set on launching markets for ethereum derivatives, but the chance regulators get comfortable with giving the green light for those products this year seem slim, some market experts say.
“My personal view is that it is 50-50 at best,” Paul Chou, chief executive officer of LedgerX, the crypto options exchange, said in an interview, referring to the odds that an ethereum derivative begins trading in 2019.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].