- Vlad Zamfir, Ethereum’s star researcher, is joining a startup vying to be the first to deliver the Casper protocol upgrade
- The aptly-named firm, Casper Labs, has raised $20M in funding led by Galaxy. It elected Scott Walker, the President of DNA investment fund, as its chairman and crypto-veteran Steven Nerayoff as its vice
Vlad Zamfir, one of Ethereum’s lead researchers, is stepping back from the blockchain empire to collaborate with Casper Labs, an R&D startup building a “fully scalable blockchain”, The Block can confirm.
Casper Labs will be an indirect competitor to Ethereum as it endeavours to deliver the much-anticipated Casper protocol upgrade. Zamfir was leading a popular version of Casper (CBC) at Ethereum, helping the network to rely on stake rather than computing power to achieve consensus, as well as addressing scalability issues.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].