- The Ethereum blockchain continues to swell in size, with a default full “synced” GETH node requiring ~130GB of space (vs full archive node size of ~1.8TB); doubling the size requirement in just ~6 months
- Meanwhile, total active synced Ethereum nodes (full, light, archive) according to Ethernodes block explorer have seen a 50% decline since April 2018
- Rapid chain growth and node sync burden have pushed many dapp developers to opt-out of maintaining their own node, and depend on ConsenSys-operated infrastructure solution Infura.
- Infura (hosted on AWS) is positioned as a potential single central point of failure for a significant portion of the Ethereum network in its current form, as its infrastructure dependence is widely pervasive within the dapp ecosystem
It’s difficult to be a viable decentralized network when a majority of your applications depend on centralized infrastructure services.
That’s the situation many in the community want Ethereum to grow away from, as the cost and requirements to sufficiently run a fully synced node have pushed developers and dapp teams to opt-out of maintaining their own local infrastructure, and instead defer to third-party centralized infrastructure service providers like ConsenSys-owned Infura.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people