- Ethereum is the leading smart contract platform for developers
- Some estimates suggest there are between 250,000 to 350,000 developers building on Ethereum
- The Block has mapped out its developer ecosystem. We categorized the ecosystem into six sub-categories: (1) Protocols & Platforms (2) Testing & Frameworks (3) Infrastructure (4) Scaling (5) Privacy, and (6) Storage.
Ethereum is by far the leading smart contract platform for developers. While the number of developers in the ecosystem is a topic of debate — estimates range from 250,000 to 350,000 — download data from popular development tools show that Ethereum continues to see increasing interest from developers.
Influential members of the Ethereum community, in turn, have adopted BUIDL as their battle cry for developers to build products ranging from decentralized prediction markets, governance platforms, and security tokens, on Ethereum.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].