- Japan is showing signs of over-regulation, possibly swayed by a series of high profile scandals and security breaches
- It released a proposal to simplify the process of taxing crypto returns while considering whether cryptocurrency exchanges could forfeit customer information if suspected of evading taxes
- It granted the crypto sector with a self-regulatory status but also came out with a new regulatory framework targeted at cryptocurrency wallets
Japan was once the darling of entrepreneurs in the cryptocurrency sector, adored by crypto startups, exchange operators, and investors alike. In recent months, however, the country has begun to demonstrate signs of over-regulation, possibly swayed by a series of high profile scandals and security breaches since the 2014 Mt. Gox bankruptcy.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people