- EOS is a heavily-centralized network controlled by insiders that serves to benefit its creators and early backers
- The 4th ranked EOS-designated “block producer” has announced that they’ll start sharing the rewards with their constituents
- The arbitration process prescribed by the EOS Core Arbitration Forum (their equivalent of a judicial branch) is structurally flawed
EOS, the brainchild of seigniorage addict Dan Larimer and noted #1 cryptocurrency project by the Chinese government, has confirmed what we always sort of knew: EOS clearly functions as a plutocracy—governance by the rich, for the rich.
It wasn’t always this way: a company called block.one created EOS in 2017. The team described their mission as providing “end-to-end solutions to bring businesses onto the blockchain from strategic planning to product deployment.”
They initially offered an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum network in a controversial, continuous year-long ‘Not A Token Sale’ where customers bought tokens, booked as revenue by block.one, the administrator of the EOS network.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people