- Ryan Zurrer was let go by Polychain, the cryptocurrency hedge fund
- Zurrer was a key player at Polychain, which at one point managed $1B
- His departure raises questions about the health of the hedge fund
Ryan Zurrer, a founding principal at $1 billion crypto-investment fund Polychain Capital was fired by the firm in recent months, The Block has learned. Moving forward, Zurrer has chosen to advise firms, including Polkadot, a Polychain-backed blockchain project. His advisorship is bolstered by an existing role as a Web3 Foundation Council member.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people