- Lower cryptocurrency prices and decreased mining activity has resulted in vulnerabilities in the security of small crypto-networks as seen over the year
- The latest project to be attacked is Vertcoin, with over $100,000 in double spends
While hash rate may go up in absolute terms due to improved ASIC efficiency (in August, Bitcoin hash rate was up 4x from January 1st), hash rate is just a proxy for network security.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people