Here’s how it might go
- Scenario 1: Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin SV remain independent chains, and the Bitcoin Cash brand is retired
- Scenario 2: Losses incurred during the hash war will force one side to give up
- Scenario 3: ABC changes proof of work to prevent a potential attack by SV
- Scenario 4: One side begins to attack the other
On November 15th at block 556767, the Bitcoin Cash network splintered into two competing factions: Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin SV. Regular readers of The Block know we’ve been on the forefront of Bitcoin Cash debate — covering all the major events leading up the hard fork. The Block summed up the reasons for the debate, interviewed major participants, mapped out the key companies involved, and covered institutional investors’ views on the split.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people