- Over the second half of 2017, Binance became the largest crypto exchange in the world and is on track to bring in $500 million in profit this year
- The company has been nimble in chasing favorable regulations to expand its business, jumping from country to county before settling — at least for now — in Malta
- After conquering the crypto-to-crypto world, Binance is investing substantially to open separate fiat-to-crypto exchanges and develop a decentralized exchange as it plans for the future
Updated with a comment from Binance.
In July 2017, Binance raised $15 million in an initial coin offering and within six months had become the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. The exchange, originally founded in China to serve the domestic market there, has now consistently been the largest by volume for nearly a year and boasts more than 10 million users across 180+ countries and regions.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].