- Coinbase is projecting to bring in $1.3 billion in revenue and $456 million in profits in 2018
- Coinbase’s revenues “are currently 100% transactional”
- The profit margin was 41% last year while it is estimated to be 35% this year — potentially because of the rapid increase in staff
- Coinbase’s volumes will most likely reach $83 billion in 2018 while they were approximately $68 billion in 2017 (22% increase YoY)
According to a document reviewed by Bloomberg, Coinbase is projecting to bring in $1.3 billion in revenue and $456 million in profits in 2018. Last year, Coinbase generated $923 million in revenue and $380 million in profit. This means that the revenues are projected to increase by almost 40% while profits are to increase by 20%.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].