- LocalBitcoins volumes give a good insight into bitcoin demand in a specific country
- Coin Dance aggregates LocalBitcoins data but still misses important features such as volumes in USD, demographic breakdown, and weighting by population
- Russia is dominating LocalBitcoins volumes with 26.5% trailed by Venezuela (12.2%) and the U.S. (11.8%)
- If LocalBitcoins volumes are indicative, the importance of developing countries in the Bitcoin ecosystem is quickly growing
- In 2013, 90% of all volume was coming from the U.S., UK, and Australia. Now, the three share a mere 19%
While the amount of bitcoin activity can be easily learned by looking at numerous data sources, learning the where can be more challenging. Online exchanges, home to the large majority of all cryptocurrencies are traded, do not publish country-specific data. Fortunately, though, there is a good proxy for geographic information: LocalBitcoins, the most popular peer-to-peer exchange and escrow service.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].