- The crypto mining ecosystem has three distinct parts — manufacturers, contractors, and pools
- In 2018 alone, we’ve seen multiple 51% attacks from miners on networks like Verge and Electroneum
- Whether miners run a network or are “hired” by it is often debated in the crypto community, but they are doubtless essential
Despite the ongoing bear market, cryptocurrency mining is still a very lucrative business. In less than a decade, crypto mining has become a multi-billion-dollar industry creating entirely new businesses. In 2017 alone, Bitmain, the leading mining-hardware manufacturer, generated $2.5B in revenue.
The role of miners is often debated in the crypto community.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Blockchain Terminal
- The growth of the Lightning Network
- The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Money 2.0 Stuff
- So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
Coming Soon: A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people