- Adam White, Coinbase’s fifth employee who built out its institutional exchange GDAX, is joining Bakkt, people familiar with the situation told The Block.
- Bakkt, the cryptocurrency trading platform run by ICE, the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, is set to launch in November.
- White will serve as COO of the new venture.
Adam White, Coinbase’s fifth employee and the person who led the development of its institutional-aimed businesses, is joining Bakkt, the cryptocurrency venture at ICE, the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, people familiar with the hire tell The Block.
Bloomberg News reported earlier this month that White was leaving Coinbase, the cryptocurrency exchange operator.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Our team of researchers, data analysts and journalists uncover the stories, insights and data that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media.
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- Access to a unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people