- There are three main branches of crypto custody: exchange custody, self-custody, third-party custody
- Custody is important to the growth of the ecosystem as it can promote adoption and investment of crypto assets
- In Q2 2018, four of the largest custody banks held $114T worth of traditional assets under custody and administration
Traditional financial institutions do a tremendous amount of business as “custodians,” holding customers’ assets to protect them against theft or lost. In the second quarter of 2018, four of the largest custody banks held a whopping $114 trillion worth of assets under custody and administration. Custodial solutions are important for financial markets: Instead of firms spending time and resources to manage assets, they pay someone to take on that role — leaving more time for firms to operate in their areas of expertise.
Enter The Block Genesis
Information your competitors wish they had.
The Block Genesis consists of our most in-depth, timely and impactful pieces, giving you an informational edge over the entire financial and technology industry. Genesis members get exclusive access to the stories that the mainstream media doesn’t understand and that remains undiscovered and buried amid the noise of social media. On a daily basis, The Block Genesis will feature the best research, investigative reporting, analysis, company digests, op-eds, and interviews. The Block Genesis is the first and last word on the world of digital assets, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
Below you’ll find a selection of articles exclusively for Genesis members.
- Research: MimbleWimble: History, Technology, and the Mining Industry
- Industry Overview: Block by Block – Crypto Lending
- Investigative Reporting: Blockchain Terminal
- Project Analysis: The growth of the Lightning Network
- Company Digests: The inside story of Coinbase internal power struggle
- Op-ed: Money 2.0 Stuff
- Token Analysis: So, is Binance Coin actually worth anything
- Profiles: Cathie Wood on The Block
Additionally, as a Genesis member, you’ll get exclusive access to:
- In-depth project, protocol, personal and company reports
- Crypto commentary by leading experts to review the week’s key happenings
- A unique community conversation, led by The Block team, which is better than Crypto Twitter, Telegram or Slack
- No trolls and less noise than Crypto Twitter
- Less groupthink than your Telegram or Slack
- Special events and deals involving crypto’s best products and people
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to [email protected].